Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camerapath-Animation - Black splotches

Hello,

I try to render an animation where the camera and objects are moving (fractured geometry, but not animated in that frame), so I use the camerapath-option for the lightcache.
    I don't get the usual splotches, you'll get with standard lightcache and Irr-Map. But I get these black splotches:

Click image for larger version

Name:	camerapath_problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	873807

There are no overlapping faces, the splotches stay at the same position, when I look closer the splotches are on some fractured parts of the geometry.

BUT: As you can see, with the standard-settings (without campath) it's rendering perfectly (through the whole animation)

The second problem is the missing reflections on the glass, but it's not that important for the animation.

Some ideas?

Uli

a lot of serious problems in this scene:

Name:	fracture.jpg
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	844874

(no non-welded points, no overlapping faces, stack collapsed, converted to mesh and back to poly, reset xform, tried a lot here )

Uli

Comment

Hello,

Could you please detail a bit your GI prepass workflow ? That could help a bit helping you solving the problems.

Thanks.
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I solved the problem by cranking up some parameters (smaller Clr. and Nrm threshold and setting the "scale" to "world" with a smaller sample size).
        The reflection on the picture is still wrong!
        Because of the "heavier" settings, I have a pretty long rendering-time now but every splotch and flickering is gone!

Name:	breaking.jpg
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	844883

It's this animation, but rendered with doubled resolution and campath-option:

Breaking Room

Uli

Comment

Working...
        X