Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 2.20.2 (Material/map browser not working!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.20.2 (Material/map browser not working!)

I´ve recently bought my VRay 2.0 license and download the new version (2.20.02) from the chaos group site. I followed the install instructions, received the wbc file from chaos group and everything seems to be fine, except that my material/map browser is not working with Vray.

I've been in contact with chaos group for about a week or so, and still no solution for this, hopefull they will figure out the problem. If anyone in here can help me out, that would awesome.

sidenote:
    I'm a new 3Ds Max user, have always used Maya, not sure if I'm the one doing something wrong inside of Max. I had a Vray 2.0 license for Maya, but had it transfered to this new 3Ds Max version. I removed the old Maya license before installing this new one.

Screenshot of the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vray_error_new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	873830

is vray selected as the material editor renderer?
    rendersetup -> common -> assign renderer -> material
    Nat Saiger
    Portfolio

Comment

Yes, like Nat suggested is V-Ray selected as the material editor renderer? Also are you able to actually do a successful normal render?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello, thank you guys for the help. It worked, but only when I changed my Material Editor Renderer to version 2.20.02, which is not what I'm using for the Production Renderer. Shouldn't both match?

I downloaded and installed the 2.20.02 version, but for some reason it installed 2.20.03 inside of 3Ds Max, and it's the only option I have to assign as the production renderer.

screenshots:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_01.jpg
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	844898Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_02.jpg
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	844897
        Attached Files

Comment

Yep, this looks about right.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

When I assign my production renderer to Vray Adv 2.20.03, my Material Editor Renderer is also assigned to Vray Adv 2.20.03. This doest not allow my map browser to work.

When I assign my production renderer to Vray RT 2.20.02, my my Material Editor Renderer is also assigned to it and everything works fine!

My question is, I payed for and downloaded Vray Adv 2.20.03, should I just use Vray RT version that came along with it? I'm new to Vray and I´m a bit confused.

thanks for the help.
            Last edited by drem026; 17-01-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drem026 View Post
              When I assign my production renderer to Vray Adv 2.20.03, my Material Editor Renderer is also assigned to Vray Adv 2.20.03.
              Sorry, I should have read your post a bit more carefully. This works fine for me and it is the way things should work. I'm not sure why it does not work in your case, which is why I asked if you are able to do a regular render in the first place.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Last edited by vlado; 17-01-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Yes, Vray works fine. It's just really annoying to not be able to visualize the materials inside the map/material browser, there is obviously something wrong with my version of Vray. So far chaos support hasn't been able to help, but still trying. I'm beginning to think it's something I'm doing wrong inside of 3Ds Max, just don't know what.

Comment

Ok then, I haven't come across this, so please bear with me; I have a few more questions. Do you get any issues with the Material Editor preview spheres themselves? Does this happen for a particular scene, or for any scene? If you create a Multi/sub-object material, do you see the thumbnails for the sub-materials? Do you still get the problem if you select the MAX.vray preset from the "Custom UI and defaults" switcher and restart 3ds Max? Do you have other plugins installed?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X