RT set to distributed CPU, but slaves not finding maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT set to distributed CPU, but slaves not finding maps

When I use DR for final rendering the render slaves find and use the maps just fine, but for some reason with RT the slaves cannot find the maps. In the materials my maps as setup as non UNC paths, but the user map paths in Max on all of the slaves are setup as UNC paths pointing to my maps folders and there's never been an issue with them finding maps for rendering before. I'm new to using RT so maybe I'm missing something. Do I need to start using UNC paths in all of my material map slots? Changing them over from local C drive paths will be very time consuming. Is there some other solution so the slaves will find the maps in RT? Cheers!

Originally posted by Rob Burns View Post
    In the materials my maps as setup as non UNC paths, but the user map paths in Max on all of the slaves are setup as UNC paths pointing to my maps folders and there's never been an issue with them finding maps for rendering before.
    The RT render servers run without 3ds Max and have no way to know the 3ds Max user map paths. It is something that we probably need to work on for the future (actually I'm almost sure we fixed this, but I need to double-check), but for the moment it will work better if you use absolute UNC file names in the textures.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

good to know the cause, thanks Vlado!

Comment

This is more of a Max question I guess, but is there some way to easily change all of my material maps to UNC paths, like some utility or script, rather than going through each material and map manually?

Comment

Yes, you can use the Asset Tracker.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X