Scene with darker colours is so noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
    Sample rate element is quite different than show samples. In "show samples" it seams ok, I have just enough for the ok render....sample rate seams too high?
    That sample rate element is your AA Sampler, not your IMAP samples. Just FYI. Or at least it sure looks like your AA Sample Rate.
    Colin Senner

Comment

I use -3 -1 too, but 80 still gave me blotches. I can try your settings just to see, but I think hsph 80 is not enough for this scene. Also won't interp samples 30 smooth the details too much? I don't like increasing it. Maybe I should leave hsph 110 and change clr, nrm, dst thresholds? though I'm not good with those.

Here is what hsph 110 looks like. The left dark wall with plants is still not perfect, but ok.Click image for larger version

Name:	Recepcija020000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	845548
      Last edited by Crayox13; 22-05-2012, 12:50 AM.
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Could you please send your scene to vray@chaosgoup.com and we will investigate what cause this splotches.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Of course. Though as I observed they always occur when I have scenes with dark grey walls.

Also here's a scene rendered with MoonDoggies settings. I think I can use them only I need to increase hsph to 130 at least, and I would prefer to go back to 20 with interp. samples.
          Attached Files
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hi,
            In your case, the Global Illumination samples are not enough for the darker parts of the scene and produce splotches, especially when using V-Ray Sky map in the V-Ray environment slot.
            We can advise you to lower the "Adaptive Amount" value and increase the minimum samples. This will increase the render time, but the result will be better. As an example we have the attached render with settings: Adaptive Amount (0.45); Min. Samples (30);
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	845570

Note that V-Ray 2.0 has many improvements in this area, you can find more information about it at: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...ate_to_1_5.htm
            in "Changes to the Adaptaive DMC" part.

Comment

I see...should I use some other method? I mean you said "especially when using V-Ray Sky map in the V-Ray environment slot"...isn't that THE way of doing what I'm doing?
              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I thing that the quality of the render with these settings is acceptable. Also you can try an approach with rectangular V-Ray lights (with Skylight portal option) behind your windows, or another one - with Dome light /with sky texture/, instead of the V-Ray environment map. You can test these options and find what will be the most suitable for your workflow.

Comment

Oh I see.
                  Thank you for all your help.

I am also testing now (with my original settings) what will the scene look like with subpixels off....since it says in that article that that can cause the problem too.
                  www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
                  X