vrayspherefade composition using aftereffects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayspherefade composition using aftereffects

I cannot seem to get this to comp properly. There is always a faded edge to the area I need to comp over the original footage. I've tried rendering the object black and setting the fade colour to white but the original sphere fade RGB output fades to white as well so how do I comp that ?

Edit: I also output the original RGB pass with an alpha when using vrayspherefade but this does not help either. I would have thought it could be setup so that the alpha of the sphere areas would just fade out and you could then just comp straight over the original footage.
    Last edited by stevesideas; 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Are you using a physical camera with exposure enabled?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vrayphysical camera but I have exposure off.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve, make sure your environment is black so it comps over your base render correctly
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Rather than the environment, make the neutral color in the spherefade black (the default is grey, I believe).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Steve, sorry if this is coming late, but just saw your post today. I hacked through this problem myself last month. I had success doing the following-
            1. in the Environment Dialog for the Spherefade, set the falloff amount to 0, the color to black, and affect alpha on.
            2. render your frames
            3. in AfterEffects, import the footage and go to Interpret Footage and make sure "pre-multiplied" is selected. Before you do this, you will see a 1 pixel black outline around your spheres, but once you switch to pre-multiplied that should disappear and you'll be left with a perfectly blended result.
            4. If you still need a feathered edge, use one of the Matte effects in After Effects. You may need to increase the radius of your spheres though if the feathering encroaches upon your subject matter.

Let me know if that solves the problem. Writing this from memory, so it's possible I missed something.
            John Pruden
            Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
            3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Working...
            X