Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refraction Artifact with Motion Blur

Hi

I'm getting artifacts with refraction and motion blur when the object and camera are moving together through the scene(fig 1)
    Everything is as I would expect without motion blur enabled(Fig2) and when only the object or camera are moving(Fig3) but when they move together they generate this artifact, I have tried everything I can think of geometry wise importing exporting, attaching to a box, motion blur samples, edit mesh, edit poly, reset xforms scene scale etc...this is a default sphere with a shell so mesh is clean, very simple glass shader.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MotionBlurArtifact.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	876367

Any ideas would be great as at the moment it seems I can't have the object and camera moving through the scene together with motion blur on.

Rendered in Max 2012/Vray 2.30.01

that indeed looks odd. Did you try motion blur from physical camera?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

yea both produce exactly the same results also tried various still and movie with differing shutter times and same in global motion blur no change

Comment

You can try increasing the "secondary rays bias" parameter a bit and see if it helps. If it doesn't, can you post the scene here?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado yea that was one of the first things I tried, after rebuilding the scene it seems to have been down to objects being a large distance from the scene origin.

cheers

Comment

Ah, ok.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X