Vrayenvironmentfog with saved irradience map is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrayenvironmentfog with saved irradience map is slow

Not sure why this happens. If I calculate the IR map during the render, the final buckets render relatively quickly. When I calculate a IR map for a camera fly-through and then try to render using the saved map it is impossibly slow, like, can't even get through one frame or even 25% of it. The size of the IR map isn't that big, only 14mb. I have scatter GI turned on, and if I turn it off, using the saved IR map works fine. Also, using a pre-saved LC works fine, its just the irradience map that seems to be the problem.

Any suggestions? I have Max 2012, Vray 2.10.01
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Hi,
    Do you have checked "Scatter GI" option when calculate the IR map for the fly-through ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      Hi,
      Do you have checked "Scatter GI" option when calculate the IR map for the fly-through ?
      Yes, I believe it was checked for the calc phase too.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

I actually ran through it twice, thinking I had screwed something up the first time with settings or something, but I got the same result both times.
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

Would it be possible to get us a scene for this to vray@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure, I'll try to put it together for you, thanks.
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hey Vlado, I think you fixed it! I was working on getting a scene to you and was going to simplify it to the lowest level while still having the problem to show you. After doing a few more tests and re-rendering the irradience map it seems to be working fine now. I have about 10 square miles of forest and fog with a respectable 3-4 minute frame time. This is the scene I'm working on, rendering everything beyond the main buildings as a separate pass. So who knows, maybe I did have some mismatched settings somewhere but it seems like its rolling along now. Thanks for the offer to help.
              Attached Files
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hi,
                We are glad to hear that you have resolved your issue.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X