Vray suddenly not working, could not obtain license (-200), please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray suddenly not working, could not obtain license (-200), please help

This is a very strange problem. Everything has been working perfectly for months, suddenly today I start Max and Vray is not running. I get the message 'could not obtain a license (-200). The dongle is plugged in. When I run 'Launch vray license server' in programs/Chaos group, I get the message: 'Could not initialize license server. Please check that the dongle is plugged in.'

One thing that seems a bit odd is the dongle now has a red light turned on in the end of it. I don't really remember seeing that before, but maybe it's always been that way and I just didn't notice. I've tried moving the dongle around to different usb ports, restarting, etc. but the same problem persists. Is it possible for a dongle to expire or somehow fail?

I have major deadlines looming and need to be back up and running, please help!

Please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and we'll sort it out as soon as possible. Most likely we'll need to replace your dongle. You can also email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com if you need to do renders in the meantime.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 30-09-2012, 10:51 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado! It would be great if you can set me up to render while I'm in the process of solving this, I have sent you an email. Cheers.

Comment

I have replied to the support email that was sent to me with this info, but I have tried with several different browsers and when I type in http://localhost:30304 (as suggested in the pdf) it says the page cannot be found. I've also tried putting in my ip address in place of localhost and that does not work either. I remember this did work for me the last time I reprogrammed the dongle last year, but now it can't find the page.

Comment

Is the license server running at all? If not, then you will not be able to open that page.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

no the license server is not running. When I run 'Launch vray license server' in programs/Chaos group, I get the message: 'Could not initialize license server. Please check that the dongle is plugged in.' The dongle has a red light on now that I don't think was there previously. Out of curiosity I tried running the previous .rtu file that I got the last time I reprogrammed the dongle and I get the message 'error transferring WibuKey remote programming update file ( 18 ).' I'm thinking perhaps my WibuKey has failed and I need a new one. How should I go about getting a replacement, send you my mailing address or should I contact my local re-seller (Annex Pro)? Thanks again for your help with this.
            Last edited by Rob Burns; 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

It will probably be fastest to contact your reseller, this way things will go much faster - they should be able to get you a new dongle in exchange for the failed one.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Thanks Vlado, I have contacted them and they are sending me a replacement dongle. One question, the IP address you gave me is allowing me to run Vray on my main workstation, but distributed rendering is not working. I have changed the vray client license settings on all my computers to that ip address, but still no luck with DR. Is there some other step I need to get DR running again?

Comment

Could it be a firewall issue?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

I'll look into that, haven't had time yet to trouble shoot the DR problem while catching up on other work. Will let you know.

Comment

The new dongle arrived yesterday, I ran the rtu file and everything is working perfectly now, including DR and backburner rendering. Thanks so much for all the help Vlado and the rest of the team getting me up and running again, your customer support is above and beyond.

Comment

Very well then

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Working...
                        X