SSS2 problems in 3dsmax 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSS2 problems in 3dsmax 2013

There is problem, when loading a scene that was done in a previous max version, let's say 2012, the skin shader (sss2) had no specular!

then I tried to recreate it, with a new material, the specular was there, BUT when I put a map in the glossiness, it became full glossy... it's like if it dont take in account the map.. it became full glossy, like if I putted the value at .01 in the gloss.

You mean that if you save the shader in 3ds Max 2012 with map in the glossiness slot and load it in 3ds Max 2013, it comes out wrong?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes it comes out wrong.

I have a scene done in 3dsmax2012, and when I open it in 2013, the shader, for an unknow reason,(and it has map in the specular color and amount ) has lost his specular! no matter how I boost the output value etc.. even if I remove the maps, it do not work! I have to redo a new sss2 material, copying the data over this new one.. the specular comes, but there is still a problem. The second problem is, I see specular well, until I put a map into the glossiness... then it became very blurred.. and no matter how I change the gloss value it do not affect the result, I have to remove the map... so the shader to me is useless now, hope you fix it soon

And I tried hairfarm 2 with Vray in the nightly build for 2013, I found it bugged. The hairs renders in many fluorescent colors :S even with Vray hair material on them, or a normal Vray mat. Only way I can get render them is what I was doing in 2012, I add a convert to poly on top of the stack.

Comment

In that case, it would be best if you can get us the 2012 scene to vray@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what's going on. In my quick tests, this works fine.

Same for the hair farm - if you have a scene, send it over; here everything renders fine.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I forgot to metion that the shader is blended with a vray blend Mtl, with a Vray mat for the reflection and it's in shellac mode. Maybe because the sss2 is in a blend it got fucked up?

Comment

It shouldn't be the case... but I can't say for sure without a scene.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I will prepare a scene.

Comment

Working...
              X