Unhandled Exception ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhandled Exception ????

Hey guys ive been getting this error in my scene i cant figure out why. have any of you ran into this error before

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	876872
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

What do you have in your scene (3rd party plugins?) ? Vray version ? PC specs ? Send us your scene ?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

i dont have anything third party, i am using vray 2.3, i have dual xeon 5620 32gigs ram and an nvidia 4800, but i think i fixed it when i was looking in the help files, i lowered the max. tree depth and raised the min leaf size and also raised the Face/level coef. I found that saved the scene and it rendered fine. I do have alot of tools in my scene that came from solid works that have triangles. So i imagine that was the issues when vray was subdividing everything. What i am trying to find out is why vray subdivided the objects upon render?
      PLAY
      www.kriscabrera.com
      kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

We usually recommend to leave Max tree depth; Min leaf size and Face/level coef. setting by default because in most cases changing this parameters usually cause troubles.
        Also the subdivision that V-Ray do is for optimization purposes. More information can be found here:
        http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya....htm#raycaster
        Technical Support
        Chaos Group

Comment

Hey guys never was able to figure out why i am getting these errors, but here it is again, same scene am trying to debug, we put it off for a while an now we came back to it. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	847138
          PLAY
          www.kriscabrera.com
          kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

this really just means it crashed. Could be due to many factors, some of them can be - run out of memory, some bogus geometry, bogus normals, vray can have issues with certain modifiers, or if you applied displacement to bad geometry/faces. Cleaning up your scene could help...
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

yea am actually doing that and it seems to be helping, am guessing its some kind of bogus geometry like you said, because it will crash on certain frames when new geo is coming in. Thanks for the info!
              PLAY
              www.kriscabrera.com
              kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Can you give us some way to reproduce the issue (i.e. get us a scene to debug) so that we can fix it?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes i sure can, currently i zipped it and its about 60mgs
                  PLAY
                  www.kriscabrera.com
                  kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Ok then, if you can send it over to vray@chaosgroup.com (or if you just email us, our support guys can help you upload it) it would be very helpful.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok just sent out an email, i switched renders to scanline and it renders fine, am thinking maybe it something to do with vray, but ill wait to you guys check it out.
                      PLAY
                      www.kriscabrera.com
                      kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Working...
                      X