No announcement yet.

Wrong Gamma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't do a dang thing! it's still rendering dark buckets!
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have a vray light, set as a dome, with an HDRI. I have two sky portal lights, and one omni light for my fireplace. I have four vray light materials, all are set to add light to the scene. I am pretty sure it's not a light or material issues, because I had the same problem with this scene when I was working on the outside. When I was working on the outside I had one dome with hdri. Rebooting solves the outside, dark bucket issue, but it has returned for the inside. Now, I rendered out this scene a dozen times before the issue resurfaced.

So, what else should I try?
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Odd.... I noticed that the darker buckets are happening on two materials, which one is copied from the other, and both have the color correction in the diffused. Now, that wasn't a red flag, because most all materials use that in the diffused slot. But, I am removing it on those two materials and I'll see what happens. I know I have the color correction plug-in installed on all the machine, but something might be wacky.... it does make sense. It might just be an id10t error, after all!

***NOPE, That wasn't it!***
        Last edited by glorybound; 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hopefully, me talking to myself here, will help someone out in the future. I systematically turned off/on lights. It's not a lighting issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-07_1240.png
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	846858
          Last edited by glorybound; 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Interesting issue, keep us updated please. And if you can part of the scene would help a lot. Maybe if I cant reproduce it at home then it should limit it further more on ur end.
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

still not working. I did decrease the resolution, which rendered fine, so I set it up higher and left for home. I got home, logged in, and dark buckets! I enabled compress on save, which I remember from awhile ago, and I am running it again.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Have you tried rendering as a backburner job, to check if the slaves render the scene differently in a normal animation render job as well? (I'd submit the job once with "include maps" and once without, just to be sure)

Most of the time it's really a bitmap like a reflection map or an HDRI not being found by the other machines (like when having the locally on your work machine or some other network issue). Some of the maps used by VRay don't show up in the asset tracker, so those have to be checked manually. And with distributed rendering, maps aren't "included", as they are with submitting a job through backburner (with the option checked).

Oh, another thing I remember regarding "wrong numbers" (but I had that problem years ago with earlier versions of VRay - or maybe it was Max's fault) is the decimal point versus the comma. The language settings on our work machine was using a decimal point for numbers, while the render slaves used the comma. Now, with the render job being started on the machine with the decimal point, the render slaves weren't able to correctly read decimal numbers, so those were rounded to the number in front of the decimal point. That's why light multipliers and other values rendered differently. Weird stuff. I have no idea if this is still a possible error, but for what it's worth you might take a look at your regional settings.

Comment

I finally got it to render. I would render, see a bad bucket, and restart that spawner.Inevitably that machine would render fine, but the next one would start rendering bad buckets. I did this five time (I have five machines) and then I got a good render. Very strange behavior, for sure.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I seem to be having this problem. Was there ever a solution found?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket
                    ----------------------------------->
                    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Ignore it and it'll finally go away. Really, it'll stop just like it started; out of the blue.
                      Originally posted by tricky View Post
                      I seem to be having this problem. Was there ever a solution found?
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So click render, wait for the LC to complete and IRmap to start. If dark/light buckets visible during IRmap, cancel and start again?
                        Kind Regards,
                        Richard Birket

Comment

The dark/light IRmap buckets don't seem to effect the final render. I ignore those. it's the final render light/dark buckets that get you.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                            The dark/light IRmap buckets don't seem to effect the final render. I ignore those.
                            Yes - I have found that sometimes the affect the final render, and sometimes they don't. I am not sure why, but my guess is that the dark buckets are 'averaged' out over the frame, and when a different render node renders that dark bucket, the errors are blended out.
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket

Comment

As I think I mentioned previously, it seems to happen for me when I start cancelling and re-starting a render in quick succession. If I get the dark/light buckets issue I just cancel, give it a minute, and start again. If there's STILL problems I'll re-start max. I think it's an issue with the scene or some pre-calculation failing to be properly picked up by the slaves. It's annoying for the most part, but infuriating when you set off a production quality render at high resolution over night and you come in the next morning to fine the render's been affected by this issue.
                              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Think I just had a similar problem.

Did you use the VRayHDRI-texture type for your hdri's?

If yes, try and set the 'Color space' to 'From 3ds max'. That solved it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X