Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTex Issues Mudbox to Max 2012

Hello,

I have been having some issues using mudbox 2012 max 2012 and V-Ray 2.30.01.

1.I cannot get the color to match from what I create in mudbox to what I render in max. I have tried letting the mtl auto select the alpha but that doesn't work either. It actually looks like the color is washed out, or has a doubled gamma.
    2.It looks like I'm getting some UV seams in the displacement, or some type of problem. not sure but it doesn't look right.
    3.Generally the objects assets (sculpt / bmp / norm / displ ) look muted compared to what I do in MB.

I have attached a screen from MB and a render from max with my PTex MTL setting. I have followed the small tutorial that Vlado wrote but it does't seem to help.

I could be off in a number of areas so any pointers or help would be great.
    Attached Files

Sometimes the PTex texture cannot determine the correct channel index for the alpha of the texture; try setting the alpha mode to "solid" and perhaps manually set the red/green/blue channels to 0/1/2 respectively.

About the displacement issue, this is an odd one; can you get me a scene for it to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I tried with but nothing seemed to work. I will email support and ftp a stripped version of the scene with texture.

Thanks

Comment

I solved my problem. It was a painting issue in MB. As far as the Displacement goes It was some adjustments with the MAX MIN settings. Thanks.

Comment

Very well then

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X