Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VrayCam animation frames error when using dof.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayCam animation frames error when using dof.

@ Vlado : I hadn't got any news from the email I send you so I thought I would post a message here.

Hey there,
    I have got a really weird problem with VrayCam when I'm rendering animations with dof, motion blur and bokeh activated.

It looks like all the nodes doesn't understand the dof the same way, and my dof is jumping from foreground to background on random frames, the tilt shift jumps as well when it's activated.

I don't have any problem (even with the tilt shift) when the dof, motion blur and bokeh are off.
    I animated the dof with the "specify focus" spinner. I tried to revert back to a targeted cam to specify the dof but that doesn't fix the problem.
    It happens only then my camera are changing height (along Z axis).

I always animate my cameras without any target and link the cam to a dummy to create my animations.
    I wonder if that's the problem, I'm recreating my animation now with normal key-frames and a targeted cam to try to have it as clean as possible.

If I don't find any solution I will have to render without dof and mb and do it in post but the results are never as good (and it requires a lot of post work, specially if you want to have it clean (different passes and so on)).

I'm just wondering if someone has already had this kind of issue,
    I tried to merge back everything to a new scene but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm using RPManager, I don't know if this could bring in some kind of problem.

Hope you guys could help me out on this one, it really looks like a bug because I don't know what I did wrong.
    It wouldn't be fun if I wasn't on a tight deadline either...

Thanks

Stan
    3LP Team

Ok it's all about the dummy.

I recreated the camera with normal keyframes and I don't have the error.
    I have a simple scene where I exported my linked cam and put some boxes to render out preview quickly.
    Vlado do you need that file to fix this bug?

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

Yes, a scene would be very helpful to track down the issue.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        Ok it's all about the dummy.

I recreated the camera with normal keyframes and I don't have the error.

Stan
        Hi Stan,

Did you find a solution to this problem, or at least a work around? I have the same problem, and the only solution I found is to de-activate the DOF (but that's not an option... a blur in post using a Z-Depth pass doen't give me a clean enough result).

Thanks a lot for your help!
        Matt
        Matthieu DELARUE
        ARCHIMED STUDIO
        www.archimed-studio.com

Comment

Can you not bake the DOF animation similar to what 3LP did?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Actually, unbaking the DOF did not solve the problem. It seems that all camera parameters (in my case, the Focal Length, zoom factor, and focus distance) change before the actual keyframes.
            I tried not changing the focal length and zoom factor between those keyframes, but I still have the bug (the focus distance seems to arrive too soon in my animation, and it looks like the camera zooms in a little bit).
            So basically, the VrayCamera parameters cannot be animated... is that correct?

thanks for your reply,
            Matthieu DELARUE
            ARCHIMED STUDIO
            www.archimed-studio.com

Comment

Is it to do with the default max interpolation which maybe be causing over and undershoots in an attempt to keep animation smooth?

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                Is it to do with the default max interpolation which maybe be causing over and undershoots in an attempt to keep animation smooth?
                I don't know where it comes from, but now that I have nothing left animated in my VrayCamera, the problem is gone... But quite restrictive when doing an animation, isn't it?

Vlado, did you get a chance to look into it? It doesn't seem new from the different posts I read.

thanks!!
                Matthieu DELARUE
                ARCHIMED STUDIO
                www.archimed-studio.com

Comment

Hello ArchimedStudio

Is it possible to send the scene to vray@chaosgroup.com also ?
                  Please include a link to this thread.

Thank you very much in advance.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                  X