Vray RT crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT crash

MAX 2013 with Nvidia Quadro FX3700M: Vray RT 2.20.02 crashes every time I try to use it. If I'm lucky it will start on occasion in CPU mode and then perhaps if I'm really lucky in Cuda mode before it crashes again f.ex. when opening the material editor.
    When it crashes I get the "Vray standalone has stopped working" and or the active shade window simply cannot be shut down and i have to force end the max session and start all over.

I've tried the two latest Nvidia drivers (310.90, and 307.something) but same shit happens. Also tried switching from Nitrous to direct3d in max but I did'nt expect that to be helpful in this case, and it was not.

Is this a graphics driver problem or a graphics card problem?
    Can someone point me in the direction of a Nvidia driver that might work with my graphics card ? Other tips/hints?

TeHamnes

I'll answer my own question Found that my problem must be project file related. Probably a bad material.
    Made a small test file and RT works like it should

Comment

If you still have the crashing scene, I would be interested to look into it...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi!

Sorry have'nt been in here the last days.
        It's a big file, 74mb zipped. How can I best send it to you? Dropbox?

Comment

Please send us an e mail so we could provide you with FTP information.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
          X