Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightcache flickering using Universal setting. what LC setting won't make it flick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightcache flickering using Universal setting. what LC setting won't make it flick?

Hello Everyone,

First of all I know that Universal setting isn't always the way to go, but I still like it very much

With several project I have had some problems with the LC and the universal setting. In general the flicker appears between two objects very close to each other. I am just trying to find a way of keeping Bruteforce + LC and not having those flicks.
    Here is a video example of the problem. lightcache_flick_mov.zip

What exactly is the problem and what would be he solution?

Here are my parameters ( i've tried subdiv 10.000 / prefilter on / adaptive tracing / scale and still didn't work)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-0384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	877212

Name:	SNAG-0385.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	877213

Name:	SNAG-0386.jpg
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	877214

If you have any ideas or other thread related to this problem I would be glad to know ! Thanks !

John
    3LP Team

Hi
    I havent looked at the movie, but in lc you can try ticking "Pre-filter" and also "Retrace Threshold" and set it to 0.5
    For a test for the noise I would leave it at default of 0.85 and 0.01
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks for you reply Morne!

I have tried those parameters, but it doesn't help the problem. I think by looking the Video it will help to understand it
      3LP Team

Comment

maybe set filtering to fixed?

Comment

It still doesn't help
          3LP Team

Comment

The "Use camera path" option will help; it will also help if your materials are not full white. Increasing the light cache subdivs could also be useful.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ow ok !
              I thought that "Use camera path" should only be used on non-animated object scenes.

I'll try that ! Thanks !

John
              3LP Team

Comment

there are still some flickering when the objects moves, but it still is much better !

John
                3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                X