VRaySoftBox material doesn't update in slate material editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaySoftBox material doesn't update in slate material editor

When I create multiple soft box materials and select them in the slate material editor the settings don't change. It keeps the same settings/gradients as what was previously selected. Only work around I have found is to select a non soft box material first and then select the other soft box material. Only then do the settings update to that material.

Seems OK in 3ds max 2013 but in 2012 it's not

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback.
      I have the same result from my tests - I'll add this bug into our system.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

you are welcome

Comment

Another bug i think...

After saving out a material library of soft box lights. When I try and load them in the compact material editor, they don't load as the library shows nothing in it. Tried ticking show incompatible etc but doesn't make a difference. However they load up fine in the slate material editor.

Comment

Can you get me such a library?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
              Another bug i think...

After saving out a material library of soft box lights. When I try and load them in the compact material editor, they don't load as the library shows nothing in it. Tried ticking show incompatible etc but doesn't make a difference. However they load up fine in the slate material editor.
              What do you mean by "soft box lights" ? Just soft box textures ? LightMtl + Softbox ?

If you save textures in material library and load that library in the compact editor, you will see them only if you are choosing Texture for a texture slot - doesn't matter that you can put textures in material slots in the compact editor.
              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

ah sorry, of course. As the softbox material is a texture it wont show in the compact material editor when loading a library unless, as you mention choosing a texture for a texture slot. I don't use it much since the slate material editor so I am used to seeing everything in a custom material library which includes textures
                Last edited by ; 05-03-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X