Problem getting Alpha from both Refraction and Opacity combined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem getting Alpha from both Refraction and Opacity combined

Ok, here's the situation. Make a vray material and put for example, a falloff map in the opacity slot. Render and you can get an alpha falloff (going from opaque to transparent) at the edges of a sphere, for example, as expected. Now, set the refraction color to a midtone, for example, rerender and you still get the alpha falloff from the opacity slot as expected. Now, under refraction, switch on "Affect Channel" = "color+alpha", and you now get the alpha channel solely from the refraction information: the opacity falloff alpha is now gone. Why can't I get an alpha channel from both combined? And does anyone have a workaround for this problem? thanx --ds

Hi,

The VRayMtl material will only work with either refractions or opacity but not both.
    As a workaround i have prepared a simple scene with VRayBlend material, i hope this helps you.

preview:Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	846977

file:example_1a.zip
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Do you anticipate a time that we will be able to do both?
      Thank-you for the workaround. I had thought of that, but it's not quite the same, but at this point better than nothing. Thanx for the fast response. --ds

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately can't say when this will be available at the moment.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X