V-Ray RT GPU Engine fails to render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray RT GPU Engine fails to render

I have been having issues with V-Ray RT GPU rendering.

Even with a scene as simple as a plane, a box, and a V-ray light, The active shade window just hangs on "waiting for image data..." The same result occurs with both CUDA and OpenCL. I have tried various performance settings and using the 32 bit frame buffer but still have the same result.

If I render the exact same scene with the RT CPU Engine, everything functions correctly.

I have fully removed and re installed both the video card drivers and V-Ray to the most up to date versions. Vray 2.40.03 and Nvidia 314.07.

My Video Card is an Nvida GTX 570, and I am running 3Ds Max Design 2013 x64.

I feel RT is an incredibly useful tool and would really like to be able to take full advantage of it through GPU rendering. Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

if you brows this board there are suggestions to try older driver versions if your current version (newest) is not working. Try several versions until you get it working.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Do you get any error messages in the V-Ray RT render server console window?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

When I went to check the render server console window, I realized that it was not actually firing up when active shade was started.

Manually starting the render server console fixes the gpu rendering issue, and it works great!

I am not sure why I have to start the server console manually, perhaps a services issue. I will look into it and post if i figure anything out

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X