Proxy not cooperating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy not cooperating?

Hey guys i have a spline that is being driven by a couple modifiers, and morph and a path deform with animation. When i am generating a vrmesh i am asking to generate the proxy automatically, but i am not seeing the proxy line up to my original geometry. It seems to be off in space, and sometimes it wont generate. Does being off in space have to do with the pivots not in the correct spot, or does the pivot of the original object have to be zeroed out?

Edited: i actually answered my own question. Now that i fixed that the other question is, i have the Vrayproxy in the scene in the right position but i need to add some smoothing to it. I tried to import and mesh but it doesnt import the entire animation, so should i smooth it before creating the proxy?
    Last edited by kriscabrera15; 13-03-2013, 02:33 PM.
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

Not sure what the mesh is that you're working with, but you might be able to duplicate the mesh at a certain position, collapse everything and skin wrap that mesh to the one that is being controlled by all those deformers. See if you can proxy that mesh instead. I don't have much of any experience with animated vray proxies so I don't know the extent of its limitations. Another option might be to point cache the object before creating the proxy?
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Originally posted by kriscabrera15 View Post
      Edited: i actually answered my own question. Now that i fixed that the other question is, i have the Vrayproxy in the scene in the right position but i need to add some smoothing to it. I tried to import and mesh but it doesnt import the entire animation, so should i smooth it before creating the proxy?
      You should smooth it before exporting it. Once the mesh is exported, you can't do much with it except render it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok got that to work good, now when i am creating these proxies my original mesh is disappearing? i have Automatically generate proxies off and it still seems to disappear?

edit: ok it seems like a refresh issue, i just restarted max and it worked. Now my issue is i cant get the proxy in the correct position like my original object?
        Last edited by kriscabrera15; 14-03-2013, 07:11 AM.
        PLAY
        www.kriscabrera.com
        kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

i figured it out sry for all the edits =)
          PLAY
          www.kriscabrera.com
          kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Working...
          X