Vertical shift correction problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical shift correction problem

Hi everyone, I had some issues with the vertical shift correction in the VrayPhysicalcam when animated over time, Is this a known issue? I went with wide lens for an exterior project with some high rise and animated the vertical shift features, everything look fine through viewport and previews but had a lot of error at render, pretty much all my paths I had to cut the first 30 frames or so and some path had error at random frame like the vertical shift was'nt apply correctly or not even consider, Can we animate the vertical shift feature or not? And what is the reason it does'nt keep the value over time?

Best regards

Do you mean the vertical offset, or vertical shift? I haven't got experience in animating either one of them in production. But I can say that they both behave strangely. Offset gradually "gets weirder" the more you change it (might be physically/mathematically correct though). And I've noticed that with vertical shift, if you move the camera target up for exampel and use Guess vert. you will not get the same horizontal fov of view. I thought I'd be able to get two renderings that would line up, but they don't. And from my limited understanding of how the calculation of the FOV works, it's dependent on the distance to the target in some way. So if you move the camera target up the distance to the camera increases, and thus to fov changes.
    Not sure this was helpful. I tought I'd just share my thought on it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, and I meant the vertical shift, as mention above, it s a nice features to get the vertical right in a still but in animation seems to be trouble, Im not changing or moving the target as I use a non-targeted camera for animation and control with the rotation of the camera.

Best regards

Comment

Hi,

Can you post an example scene or send a copy to support@chaosgroup.com
        Do you use network rendering for this scene?
        Thank you.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I tried that quickly now. Just autokeyd the rotation of the camera to make it look up and then pressed guess vertical to make it straight on the last frame. And the pace of the rotation doesn't match the pace that the vertical shift changes in. But when I did the same with a targeted camera and moved the target up instead of rotating the camera, the pace of the animations match. The FOV changes in both cases, and gets narrower as the camera looks up.

Comment

Hi, here's a little example of one of the path

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBhE...ature=youtu.be

mainly in this one the first 30-40 frames or so....I had other paths wihch the error occur at random frames....

I used wide lens and adjust the vertical shift per plan then animate the value over time to get the correct vertical through out the animation, and yes using network rendering.

I had a couple of correction on little things in the scene, (missing\bad textures) so I rerender the object with a matte passe to get it quickly and the "patch" render did'nt fit the original render...

Best regards

Comment

Unfortunately i'm not able to reproduce the same vertical shift issue here with a simple setup.
              Would it be possible to send us your scene to support@chaosgroup.com, if the file is too big we can supply FTP server.
              Also please include your software versions.
              Thank you in advance.
              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi again and thanks for the fast response, unfortunately I can't send this scene, So i'll try to reproduce in a simpler scene but what I did exactly is animate my camera on a path, its a non-targeted camera link to a dummy on a path constraint, so only the rotation of the camera is animated as for the position control, then using a wide angle lens(10mm-15mm) I have corrected the vertical shift at the first frame with auto key feature, then went to my last frame adn adjust the vertical shift with auto key again, small paths 300 frames more or less with a simple movement and a bit of rotation, left the controler bezier float by default for the vertical shift.

Hope it help! If not I'll try to reproduce and send you something soon.

Using Max Design 2012x64 and Vray 2.30.1

Best regards

Comment

Hello Kr0no,

I have used your guide to create to create scene similar to yours, but unfortunately the bug didn't exist on my side.
                  Could you please create a new simple scene with this issue , or you can delete everything from your original scene except the camera animation and send it to us.

Thank you very much in advance.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi, Ok Ill check on it and rip the scene as soon as I can, Im in full production right now with tight deadline, as soon as I get a minute I send you something.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                    X