Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bake to texture output with wrong gamma

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked already. I am currently trying to bake some textures, and i simply can not find a way to save 8bit formats with proper gamma. Even if i set output gamma to 2,2 in Max preferences, even if i manually set 2,2 on individual baked texture outputs, it is always saved without gamma correction which i need.

Only way i found is to render to EXR, and then resave as 8bit format with proper gamma. But in future, i will be probably working with a huge data sets, so i need to find a way to avoid manually resaving all the baked textures and manually reconnecting them to all materials in my scenes.

This actually looks like Max limitations since it works the same way with Default Scanline Renderer.
    I did a few tests with Vray Gamma and Max gamma but unfortunately the result is always saved without gamma 2.2
    The only possible workaround which comes to me is to set an action in PhotoShop and apply gamma curve on post for every texture exported from Max Render to Texture.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X