Random black objects w/ backburner precalculated IR/LC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random black objects w/ backburner precalculated IR/LC

Hoping someone has figured this out. I saw a thread but no solution. I'm rendering an animation and I've precalc'd the IR for the sequence. When I send it to backburner for render, some objects are rendering black. If I render the same frame using the precalc'd solution directly in Max it renders fine. Checked for flipped normals and the material is fine. Seems to be an issue only through BB???? I've tried about everything I can think of and can't find a solution. Below are pics:

Here's the frame rendered directly in max with the exact same settings as the BB job:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frame0.png
Views:	1
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	877700

This is the same frame rendered through BB on the same machine:

Name:	cam1-install2-red-0000.png
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	877699

These are the settings:

Name:	settings1.png
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	877701

I don't even know what to try next. That piece at the bottom renders fine as a single frame or part of the animation sequence directly through max so I don't understand how it could be an issue with that piece of geometry. Am I correct in understanding that BB/spawner on slaves uses a standalone version of vray? Could the issue be w/ the standalone version? I'm at a loss (and on a deadline of course). The other odd thing is that I've rendered this before and didn't have this issue. Same settings, machines etc. It "might" have been w/ an older version of vray though.

Hi,

This is very odd issue.
    Would it be possible to send us the scene including all external files?
    Did you try to render (BB) with override materials ?
    What are the versions that you are using for 3DS Max (Design) and Backburner?

Am I correct in understanding that BB/spawner on slaves uses a standalone version of vray?
    No, V-Ray standalone is used to render .Vrscene files. Backburner requires 3DS max to be installed on the machines that is used for network renderings.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X