Aniostropy error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniostropy error

I have a strange error when using aniostropy. It also only happens when using the aniostropy local axis Z. The strange thing is that without turbosmooth the issue goes away. With turbosmooth, the high the iterations, the sharper the errors are.

I also have a texture inside the Rglossiness map. If I remove this the error disapears but then the shader looks incorrect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ani_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	877744
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=776082
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi,

That looks weird, not sure what is the reason for this, whether a bug or geometry error.
      Could you post the example scene file?
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

What does the texture map look like on the geometry in the viewport?
        MDI Digital
        moonjam

Comment

Apologies for the late reply. The texture map is box mapped and looks fine.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It will be helpful if you can post an example scene to investigate further.
            Thank you.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you are using UVW map try setting the UV vectors derivation to map channel instead of local axis. We had that exact same issue on a recent project and that is what we did to fix it. It was my understanding that if you set the local axis to Z but have UVW map that makes it go in a different direction it will cause this mesh error as it is trying to do the aniostropy effect in two different directions.

Also make sure your UVW map is at the very top of the stack above turbo smooth otherwise it can mess it up as well.
              Last edited by ; 24-06-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X