Diffuse color renders darker when using opacity map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffuse color renders darker when using opacity map

The diffuse color of my material renders darker when I use an opacity map. If I use the same map in the refract slot it renders as expected. In the attached image the diffuse color of the diamond perforated material should be the same color as three stripes of solid gray materail. The material above the red marks used a refraction map. The material below the red marks uses an opacity map. Neither uses both refract and opacity at the same time. Solid and perf materials have the same reflection settings. The objects are planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	opacity.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	878486

Created in Max2014. Saved as Max 2012.
    Vray 2.40.03
    Windows 7 64bit

perf mat 2012.zip

Hi,

I get the same issue here with your scene. It seem that the reflections are different when comparing materials with/without opacity.
    Noticed that this difference could be seen in the material editor samples as well. (low value for Fresnel is required).
    However, i will report it to the developers.

Edit: As a workaround you could disable the Fresnel for both V-Ray shaders and use Falloff map in the reflection slot (Fresnel mode) instead.
    Last edited by tashko.zashev; 08-09-2013, 11:51 PM.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Okay thanks for the info. I have several materials in this library that have similar configurations. At least I know how to make them work of the time being.

Comment

Working...
      X