No announcement yet.

White Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never gotten this to work; I don't think it has ever worked.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Turning the vrayLight dome to "full dome" solve the issues.
      If full Dome is not checked, the dome will always be visible in the background whatever I tried. I don't understand why, but from my test, it is how vray works.

Comment

Taking future the test, I confirmed the following:
        - The vraylight must be "Full Dome"
        - 3Dsmax environment must have a Vraycolor map with RGB multiplier set very high (I put 10 this this camera setup).
        - uncheck affect background in the color mapping rollout

In this test scene, I found the following irrelevant:
        - GI environment doesn't have to be turn on (with or without give exactly the same floating value on the background).
        - Vignetting on or off, doesn't affect the color background value
        - White balance color doesn't affect the color background value

So no need to mess around with all this parameters to get a white background.

Comment

You can do it this way as well: http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tuto...lective-floor/ Also remember to turn off affect alpha in the dome light.

Comment

thanks, the double Dome light save my issues of getting ride of the HDRI reflexion on the plane.
            Thanks

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
            You can do it this way as well: http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tuto...lective-floor/ Also remember to turn off affect alpha in the dome light.

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
              Taking future the test, I confirmed the following:
              - The vraylight must be "Full Dome"
              - 3Dsmax environment must have a Vraycolor map with RGB multiplier set very high (I put 10 this this camera setup).
              - uncheck affect background in the color mapping rollout

So no need to mess around with all this parameters to get a white background.
              I've often struggled with this and each time I have to come find this thread to solve it, and it does. But, I've also found you don't even need the Dome light, at least in Max 2023. I have a scene with just the VRayBitmap with 'RGB Multiplier' set to 37 in the'Environment Map' Slot ( shortcut key = 8 ). It gives me a 255,255,255 background with pure silohouette of my meshes.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by RobH22; 13-04-2023, 01:17 PM.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
              -----------------------------------------
              Autodesk Expert Elite Member
              ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X