Main workstation buckets have different noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main workstation buckets have different noise

I have a strange issue. I've had it on two completely separate scenes. I've been playing around with the DMC image sampler CLR thresh. Then, on a test render certain buckets are producing more noise than others so I have squares of noisy areas and squares that are clean. I think the last time this happened I deleted the vray dome light and created a new one and copied the same texture into the texture slot. This seemed to resolve the issue and all buckets were noise free. I play around again the threshold ( i think that is all I tinker with) and about 2-3 test renders later the odd bucket noise issue is back.

Is this a known bug because I'm pretty sure vray shouldn't be doing this ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I've just rendered again and the noise is in the shadow pass which means this bug must be linked to the vray dome light.

Okay, so I deleted the vray dome light and created a new one as before but this did not resolve the issue this time.

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing vray...
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Uninstalling didn't work. If I turn off the texture in the vary dome light the noise is fine for all buckets....obviously I don't want to do this because I need the HDRI.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback.
        We are not aware of that bug and we will need additional information in order to reproduce it in our environment.

What versions of Vray/Max/Operating System you are using?
        The different buckets are only for the workstation machine or the same difference occurs between the slave machine also?
        Have you got this issue with every scene or just on particular ones?
        Would it be possible to send us sample scene containing the issue along with step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it?
        Are you using the same Vray version for all the machine participating in DR?
        Can you attach a few examples of the issue?
        VraySpawner has been started manually or via windows-service?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for getting back:

Vray 2.4 (latest version)
          Max 2014 SP3
          Windows 7 64 bit. 24gb Ram

This is occurring on one machine - not using DR. I am trying to reproduce the issue but since restarting the workstation the problem seems to have disappeared. I know I did have this problem about 2 weeks ago on a completely different project so maybe it is something about having the workstation on for a long period of time.

I'll try and reproduce the issue and will get in contact if/when it happens again.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
            Let us know if it happens again.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Have you checked if the dmc adaptive amout is set to 1? Had some similarish issues, setting it below 1fixed it.
              Software:
              Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
              3ds Max 2016 SP4
              V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
              Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
              64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
              X