Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.0 Irradiance map calculating stage hanging

Hi.

Rendering a scene at production size 5k wide and with vray displacement on one object (water but non refractive). All network maps are pathed correctly and all specular on lights are turned off. It is a pretty simple scene using a vray dome and 360 environment map (done map size set to 7k).

It breezes through the light cache (3k) and 3 out of the 4 irradiance passes. However, on the final irradiance pass, it hangs on one single bucket. There are no vray fault messages apart from sub pixel mapping.

Dynamic memory set to 18000.

software - Windows 7, Max design 2014, vray 3.0.

hardware - 2 x Xeon 2.67ghz 24gbRAM 64bit operating system

Has anyone experienced similar problems and is there a fix.

Which V-Ray build in particular? Also, is it possible to send me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com ? We had a number of these cases and we are in the process of uploading a patch, but it would be good to test with your scene.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado

Sorry I cannot share the scene at this stage as it is a live project.

I am using Vray Adv 3.00.03

I have found that everything is fine once the displacement is turned off. However, earlier in the week I had the same issue but it seemed to be due to vray light specular's being left on. It would be nice to leave specular ON in some cases though of course.

regards

Tom

Comment

Ok then, plan B: can you still email me so that I can get you a newer build to try out?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X