Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable shadow from an object with opacity mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable shadow from an object with opacity mask?

I have a simple vray texture with a striped black & white image used for the opacity map slot to create road striping.
    This map is applied to a spline with a sweep modifier. However, there appears to be a shadow cast onto the road for the areas between the dashed white areas.

Tried excluding this object from dome light, as well as turned off generate/receive GI in the object settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Right click > Proporties>uncheck cast schadow.

On another side if you are getting those dark lines it might be because ur texture its not 100% black white but maybe 90%black/white? Not sure.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I did have the cast shadows unchecked also, and I double checked, the texture is 100% black & 100% white.

Comment

Maybe a VRayDirt texture on the road material?
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

hmmm.. just a basic vray material for the road. still seems to cast that shadow or else the opacity map isn't working properly... tried putting it in the refraction slot too but same result

Comment

Can you use checker texture instead of what you have now. I think u might have gamma issues but that's unlikely.
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

turn off "Visible to GI" ?
              (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

thanks for the help, it appears it was something with the composite material in the diffuse slot. Once I removed that there were no more shadow issues with the transparency mask.

Comment

Working...
                X