Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with re using of irradiance map files, vray 3.00.03

Hello

I've rendered an animation of 480 frames using IM/LC. It has moving camera and objects, so I've used animation (prepass) and animation (rendering) mode. I've noticed that some frames rendered with errors (one render node had problems with network map and did not render xrefed objects), so I've noted down those bad frames, opened oryginal file, and reused already calculated IM files to render those frames only. And for unknown reasons it does not work as it should, this rendering takes way longer than before, plus I'm getting strange black GI blotches all over the place.

I tried to figure out whats wrong (I've used this method before and it worked great), but I've failed to fix this. Is it possible that the problem lays in use camera path option (on both IR and LC settings) ? I've never used it before, but for this project I kind of needed to.

I'd link this scene or at least show some renders, but I'm not allowed to do any of that due to confidential reasons

Hi,

Do you use DR or backburner network rendering ?
    Would it be possible to send us your file (including the pre-calculated IRR maps) to run few tests? We will also need step by step instructions on how to reproduce this problem.
    Thank you.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello

I've finished this project and had some time to find out whats going on with this scene, and it seems to me that the problem was in a particular xref object. When I take it out, or just merge it, then everything renders without any problems.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
        However it might be a good idea to send us the scene or isolated part of it for investigation just in case if it turns out bug.
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 04-06-2014, 01:10 AM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X