Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner - Split render + Vrimg failed

Hello,

Because DR is unpredictable (some node failed, never the same, sporadically), I tried to used backburner instead.
    But using BB + split render + save to raw image file return an error : Cannot create outpout image file

The same job assigned to only one node is successful!

What am I doing wrong?

I would try running managers and so on on ur slaves as administrator. Could be rights issue.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
      I would try running managers and so on on ur slaves as administrator. Could be rights issue.
      Thanks,
      "and so on", what does it means?
      "severals", with s? Does it make sense to run several managers?
      I have "server" run as service on the slave, and manager started manually on the Workstation.
      Last edited by fraggle; 25-05-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hey

Sorry I was referring to all the BB utilities. What is it Server, Manager, Monitor?

I think I wanted to say to run Servers on slaves in administration mode just in case they dont have the rights to save image. Or maybe you dont have folder for it and they cant create folders. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
          Hey

Sorry I was referring to all the BB utilities. What is it Server, Manager, Monitor?

I think I wanted to say to run Servers on slaves in administration mode just in case they dont have the rights to save image. Or maybe you dont have folder for it and they cant create folders. Not sure.
          Thanks,
          when split is not used, the file can be save. I tried on 5 servers and I don't get any problem to write the file.
          Writing standard Jpg file in split mode works fine with several servers too.
          So I guess it has something to do with the vrimg file format and split function of BB.

Comment

Uhh... I suppose it's because vrimg is vray based and split is max based...humh.

If you are using Split renderingthen you might as well render directly to exr. You wont have memory issues anyway.

Comment

You're right, I will forget about vrimg and save as exr, this format at least should be compliant with max.

Comment

Yea it should work just fine. If I'm not wrong even layered EXR's should work.

Comment

Working...
                X