Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refraction/transparency problem

Hi,

have here some strange and annoying noise on surfaces behind many reflactions (see pic and attached scene).
    No GI-problems, raising reflection/reflaction depths don't help either. It's not important if the teapot is soft reflecting or not.
    Created simple scene for debugging , simply open and render and watch the noise on the teapot through 3 glass boxes.
    We do a lot of product and architectural renderings for the windows/fassades industry and x3 isolation windows is standard now in Germany.
    Can't allways cheat by using one glass instead of 3, a lot of closeups necessary.

This error is a real job killer. Please HELP !!!!

Vray 3.00.06 / 3dsmax 2014
    Attached Files
    Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

It'd be raising your refraction subdivs on the glass material if anything.

Comment

funny it renders perfectly noise free with 2.40..

Comment

The samplers are different in vray 3 it seems.

Comment

Check your renderelements where the noise comes from. In this case probably refraction as joconnell stated. Then raise the subdivs in increments to see if it cleans up.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

The same problem?
            http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...432#post619432

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
            oakcorp.net
            v-ray.jp

Comment

Originally posted by flat View Post
              Yes same problem indeed.
              Vlado, please implement a counter after how many reflections/refractions you switch to probabilistic sampling, so we could raise it up as needed.
              Will test with raising AA samples only for the glas, have zero tine now.
              Last edited by baumgore; 27-05-2014, 02:21 AM.
              Valentin

Comment

I didn't get my rendering clean without raising AA to astronomical-render till next week settings.
                I can only repeat my demand for a switch to raise the threshold reflection/refraction level till probabilistic kicks in or to disable this behavior completely.
                I also question this optimization at all, in my opinion it should kick in based on a noise threshold or max visibility error instead of simply after x reflection/refraction passes.

The real funny thing is that setting refraction to 0.99 instead of 1.0 for my glas produces a lot less noise, but naturally renders longer. But can't do this with wide area renderings where the background behind the glass is far away and gets blured by the soft refraction.

Still need a clean solution, have a lot of print sized pics and some animations here which now needs manual degraining or rerendering.
                Last edited by baumgore; 28-05-2014, 07:51 AM.
                Valentin

Comment

Working...
                X