Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray quick settings - load custom presets

Hi,

I made 2 custom presets, one for fast+low quality and one for slow+high quality rendering. When I load them with the presets button under system properties, all works well and I can switch between the two. Only this needs a lot of clicks if I want to switch between the two.

So when opening the quick settings, I can simply click the preset rollout and chose my custom preset. For example I first select the fast preset, render and it works. Then I select slow and again this works. But then when I select slow again, only some settings update. In this case for example the min/max and subs of IR map change to my fast settings, however the global DMC settings remain the same as my slow settings.

Does anyone else experience this behavior?

Thanks,

Wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Would it be possible to send us your presets? They are stored in the following file:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20 14 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\vray.cfg

Let us also know what steps we should follow in order to get the same issue into our environment.
    What Vray/3DSMax version you are using?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Wouter,

I can confirm the problem, it will be reported. Thanks
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

I'm using the latest vray build (downloaded yesterday) and max2013. I first tried to make presets with only IR map and global DMC properties, as the rest remains unchanged, and also had this strange behaviour. After that I just selected all the rollouts to be included into the presets (even though 90% of all settings remain unchanged), but that didn't help, as stated above.

Thanks for looking into it.

Instead of using the vray quick settings window, should it be possible to set vray settings through maxscript and assign it to custom buttons? That would be easier than having to choose from the quicksettings dropdown.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
          Instead of using the vray quick settings window, should it be possible to set vray settings through maxscript and assign it to custom buttons? That would be easier than having to choose from the quicksettings dropdown.
          You can certainly change any V-Ray properties from MaxScript. There is also a MaxScript command
          Code:
          vrayLoadPreset <presetfile> <presetname>
          that loads the specified preset from the specified file. However it is the same command that is used by the quick settings window, so I'm not sure if it works any better (until we fix it, that is).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
            Hi Wouter,

Yes, It is possible using:
            vraySavePreset <path> <preset name> and
            vrayLoadPreset <path> <preset name> maxscript functions.

You can assign them to custom toolbar buttons also.

Best Regards,
            Anna

Comment

Working...
            X