Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted camera shake when modifier is animated

Hey everybody,

I am having a serious problem over here.
    I animated some objects and as soon as the animation of some modifiers start, there occurs a camera shake, that should not be there.

The first object is being animated with a moving XForm gizmo, affecting a soft selection of some faces,
    the second object has 2 bend modifiers on different selections of faces.

I cannot figure out, how to solve this problem.
    The animation is rendered in a network of about 10 render nodes, but the shaking is too extreme to figure out if it is produced by some specific nodes or randomly (I guess it's randomly).

I use Vray 2.40.04 with 3ds Max 2013.

Anyone got an idea?

Thank you all in advance.

Joe

Can you disable modifiers and see if you still get camera shake?

Could it be camera is affected by modifiers?

Sadly last alternative is http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vray+3.0+crack+...+camera+shake# .... Then again you are using 2.4 soo old crack messing up ur vray?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Unfortunately disabling the modifiers is no option - even if this works, it has to be a bug, because the modifiers are not connected to the camera. And I see no way to animate the process without the use of these two modifiers. Just thought, that since the objects are pretty complex it may be related to memory? as soon as the modifiers affect the models, the viewport updates very slowly and that's exactly the time, when the camera shaking begins.

What does the link mean?
      That there is a fix for just this problem for Vray 3.0? (The word "crack" irritates me)
      It should be a known bug then, so will there be a fix for 2.4 available, too?

Comment

Never mind with the link

Well I know its critical for you to have modifiers. But as a test. Can you just try without them? So you can narrow down the source of issue... This way you can help chaos track down the issues and get a fix.

Other thing you could do is to bake animation with moddifiers. Then you dont need them afterwards as its all baked.

Comment

Okay, I disabled all the modifiers, but the error still occurs in the same part of the animation.
          So it is not linked to the modifiers as I said before, I guess.

Still I am at a loss
          I am currently trying with baked animation via poly cache but since it seems to be not related to the modifiers, I am not very optimistic.

/Edit: Okay, for this test I only used 3 nodes and I figured out, that 2/3 are rendering the image as they should and all the errors are produced by one specific node.
          I will try to reinstall vray to ensure, that all servers use the exact same data.
          The only thing I know that is in different versions is forrest pro. But it is not used in the scene. Guess I will update this, too.
          Last edited by OPKJoe; 12-06-2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OPKJoe View Post
            Okay, I disabled all the modifiers, but the error still occurs in the same part of the animation.
            So it is not linked to the modifiers as I said before, I guess.

Still I am at a loss
            I am currently trying with baked animation via poly cache but since it seems to be not related to the modifiers, I am not very optimistic.

/Edit: Okay, for this test I only used 3 nodes and I figured out, that 2/3 are rendering the image as they should and all the errors are produced by one specific node.
            I will try to reinstall vray to ensure, that all servers use the exact same data.
            The only thing I know that is in different versions is forrest pro. But it is not used in the scene. Guess I will update this, too.
            Match all versions together. Also make sure max SP match too.

Comment

I checked and all versions were exactly the same.
              Max is Software Update 6 on all nodes.
              Nevertheless I reinstalled Vray but with no success.
              The bug still occurs in the same frames.

Comment

Can you get us a scene for this to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what's going on?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You should've received it by now.

I had to simplify some geometry, because there was original and confident cad data in there.
                  But i tested it and the bug is still in there.

Comment

Thank you for the files.
                    We are running a test right now.
                    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                    X