"Disappearing" license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Disappearing" license

I have a very unusual problem with my vray license. After a few years of working with Vray without any bigger issues, after a small update (to 2.5) currently when I restart my PC the vray license service starts automatically, I can run 3ds max and Vray works fine. But after a while (could be 15 minutes, could be an hour) 3ds Max is unable to see the license service ("could not obtain license (-200)" ). Shutting the vrlservice.exe manually via task manager and starting the license service again, manually gives this error:

---------------------------
    vrlservice.exe: Start Error
    ---------------------------
    One of the following licenses are required:
    * WibuKey 250897:7758101
    Failure reason: A WibuBox with the specified Serial Number was not found (18 ).

I uninstalled vray and installed it again. Nothing. The Wibu server on Windows 8 doesn't work with the provided drivers, but this whole "disappearing" license thing happens with both the default drivers that come with the Vray installer and the newer ones that are available on the Wibu website. Also deactivating the firewall didn't help.

Some general info:
    OS - windows 8.1 Pro
    3ds Max 2014 and 2015
    Vray 25001 installed as a local workstation

Contacted support on Saturday and so far no answer, but would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction with this one. It's Monday and as you might expect I need to work

Hi,

Do you have a ticket number for this issue? or you have tried to contact us via our support phone number?

Most probably the WibuKey driver is corrupted. In order to fix it please perform a clean installation of the driver following the steps below:
    1. Unplug all WibuBoxes. Plug off the dongle from the PC.
    2. Uninstall the WibuKey driver using "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.
    3. Open the folder [%systemroot%\inf] in Windows explorer.
    4. Search within all "oem*.inf" files for the search term "WIBU". Delete all corresponding .pnf files (e.g. you found oem345.inf, delete oem345.pnf) and the inf file itself.
    5. Open the folder [%systemroot%\system32\drivers] and there search and delete all Wibukey*.sys files.
    6. Restart the computer.

Now you are ready to make a clean installation of WibuKey:
    1. After reboot reinstall the WibuKey driver (please download the latest driver form the official Wibu System site here http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-software.html ). Ensure to have administrative rights. Don't plug in any WibuBox (dongle)!
    2. After installation has finished plug in the dongle.
    3. The "New Hardware found" dialog will appear and install the new hardware automatically.

We can advice you to use USB 2.0 port instead of the 3.0 one.

If this doesn't help you, please let me know.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi I have the exact same problem on a laptop with windows 8. But I am my laptop only has usb 3 ports. Does that mean your solution will fail if I can't use a usb 2 port? This is really stressfull to rely on a dongle for production.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
      Little Antman
      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

I have the exact same problem on a new PC install on Windows 7. any solutions for USB 3?
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

There is a known issue with USB 3.0 and WIBU-KEY drivers.
          It is fixed with the latest release of the WIBU-KEY driver -version 6.30b. Please make sure to download the latest driver here:

http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-s.../download.html

then follow the instructions to make a clean install of the driver.
          Best regards,
          Tanya Metodieva
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

this link lead to an non existing page...

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
            Little Antman
            See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
            Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

WIBU updated their website. Here is the new link:
              http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-s...nload/416.html
              Best regards,
              Tanya Metodieva
              Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
              X