VRayHDRI and real-world map size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayHDRI and real-world map size

Using real-world mapping in a VRayHDRI map seems not to work well. It renders fine, but does not show correctly in the material preview. This happens to me in both V-Ray 2.5 and 3.0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	realworld.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	881038

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm this issue and we will fix it. Thanks for your report.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Still, the problem persists! even in the viewports, the display is wrong.
      Surrealismo
      https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
        Still, the problem persists! even in the viewports, the display is wrong.
        According to our system this issue is not solved yet. We will update the thread as soon as any news are available.
        Please excuse us for any inconvenience.

Comment

An update on this topic: We managed to fix this issue for the next service pack.

Comment

thats really good news! is it in the nightlies already?
            Surrealismo
            https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

It is in the nightly builds, but not the stable ones yet.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

Linked to this issue I have found that hdri maps (PG ones in this example) don't display correctly in the preview display (completely black). 3DS max 2014, vray version 3.30.03 (not sure when it started, I think with the latest update). If I change to 3dsmax standard mapping it will show them, however not spherical. Moving further, if I set them back to spherical mapping and then uncheck real world scale in the coordinates section of the 3ds standard mapping area it is shown correctly. Changing other settings in this menu doesn't effect the display, i.e. it remains as it should according to the spherical setting.

regards,

Comment

Linked to this issue I have found that hdri maps (PG ones in this example) don't display correctly in the preview display (completely black).
                  We can't reproduce this behavior in here. Dose the issue occurs only with Peter Guthrie HDRIs? Would it be possible to send us an example scene with your setup and the HDRi image to support@chaosgroup.com so we could investigate further?
                  Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

Tried it with a number of hdri's (vizpeople, cgskies, etc) and it happend aswell. I'll send a testscene. Tested it with 3.30.4 and it was also present.

In the file I have added a realworld on and real world off vrayhdri so you can hopefully see it. Added a new vrayhdri (as the previous ones was standard in our template) but it also had the same issue.

Comment

Hi,

We just sent you an email with details about our tests with different V-Ray versions and screenshots of the result.
                      Probably we are still missing something from your setup or steps to reproduce the issue successfully. Looking forward to hear from you via mail. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X