Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle disconnecting

Hello,

Been having an issue lately were my license cannot be found a few times each day. I have to remove and reinsert the dongle for my licenses to become reactive.

If I'm lucky unplugging and plugging the dongle back in won't crash max

Just another issue adding to the amount of crashes I have each day...

Max 2015
    Vray 3.10.03 stable nightly.
    Is there any way I can check which build I'm running without keeping the installer?
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

There is a known issue with old WiBukey drivers which appears most often on Win8 machines.
    Our recommendation is to update to the latest WiBukey driver 6.30b which could be downloaded from here:
    http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-software.html

Then if the same issue appears again please create a screen-shot of the V-Ray error that you got when you try to render and send it to us.

According to the installed V-Ray build you could get that information if you run .vrscene exporter, then click Export and Render and check the version/data lines in V-Ray Standalone console:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ca431Mb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	855353
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Great thanks, Svetlozar.

I'll give it a shot next week and see if it works.

Thanks again!
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Same problem here, trying out your solution now. Let us know how it goes please.

Thanks!
        CPU: 5930K
        GPU: 3x970 GTX,
        MEM: 32 GB ram
        SSD

Comment

Have you updated to the latest WiBukey driver?
          http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-software.html
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Im not home right now, when I got home around Friday I'll test that.

Thanks,

Denes
            SSD

Comment

I think I have the latest drivers, but still. It drops the dongle all the time when I left studio max idle for a while. When I batch render it sometimes drops the dongle between two processes. Its pretty annoying especially if you leave it render for the night and in the morning you found out the it disconnected 5 hours ago when it switched from one view from another.
              SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Dini009 View Post
                I think I have the latest drivers, but still. It drops the dongle all the time when I left studio max idle for a while. When I batch render it sometimes drops the dongle between two processes. Its pretty annoying especially if you leave it render for the night and in the morning you found out the it disconnected 5 hours ago when it switched from one view from another.
                Could you please try to disable the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" , from Device Manager > Universal serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each USB Root Hub

Name:	2015-03-16 10_12_14}.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	855586
                and change the "USB selective suspends settings" in the Power Options according to the screenshot.

Name:	2015-03-16 10_10_35}.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	855585

If the problem still persist, please contact us at support@chaosgroup.com to troubleshoot the issue further. We will need the full spec of the machine, the exact software versions and a screenshot of the error you got (if there is any)
                Thank you.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks ver much, I try these now.
                  SSD

Comment

Thanks ver much, I try these now.
                    Thank you, please inform us as soon as you have any news.
                    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com

Comment

Whoever decided to make this dongle thing I assume just wanted to severely punish the guys who buy the software... seriously dissatisfied with this thing.. freezes all the time, causes blue screen when I get angry and unplug it, when no matter I do I cant get the render to work.. yeah.. sure I can write my complains here.. cant we just get rid of the thing?
                      SSD

Comment

cant we just get rid of the thing?
                        Yes. (We would have to be rather stupid not to have a way to run V-Ray without a dongle.) We are also working on a new online licensing system that can work without dongles, but getting it up and running will take a few more months. In the meantime you can put the dongle on a different machine and/or update the dongle drivers and see if it works better.

In all fairness though, the dongles have been causing far fewer problems than other solutions. I've never once seen them cause BSOD, but then again there might be something specific in your configuration. It would be best to contact our support guys and see if they can help.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Quoting Vlado for agreement, here.
                          Never had the slightest of issues with my dongle, across a variety of workstations (the beauty is that it's portable) until i washed and dried it with my trousers (the beauty of being portable.).
                          I'm typing from a laptop currently, and the dongle works a charme (then again, the USB isn't turning off to save power.).

I wouldn't want to see it go, to be honest, in favour of online authorisation.
                          Side by side, sure: options are always welcome.
                          Bot not gone, i love to have my license sit in my pockets (waiting to get cleaned. ^^).
                          Lele
                          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                          ----------------------
                          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Well, I think we have to add that information into the documentation under the How To Clean Up the Dongle section.
                            Will ask our Docs Team Leader to do that as soon as possible since this is a very important information.
                            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thank you Svetlozar!

I knew i had to share this, the future of VRay licensing depends on the right drying temperature!
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X