No announcement yet.

Dongle disconnecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This issues has not been gone. I was just tired of writing all the time when it happens because all the others says it's perfectly working fine for them and I am the bad guy of course. Immensely frustrated about this.

It's a daily issue now, happens all the time, it's frustrating, it's time consuming, it's useless, this dongle is the worst possible idea anybody has ever had.

I simply hate this dongle nonsense, I tried to fix all the stuff I've read about the internet I have the latest driver etc.. There is no solution for this, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Seriously can't we get rid of this?
    CPU: 5930K
    GPU: 3x970 GTX,
    MEM: 32 GB ram
    SSD

Comment

Nobody is saying you are a bad guy, they are all just trying to help you out to get to the root of the problem. have you by chance tried setting up the dongle on a different computer? Worst case I would definately call chaos support and maybe let them do a remote session and have them look at the computer you are using for a license server. Ive only had one problem with one of my dongles and that was having to update the driver thanks to Winblows 8.1 but Ive had times where Ive been so mad I miss a lot of things I could swear that were right. I would go for a walk or something to set your mind at peace then go back to the license server and check first the power settings for the USB and then try re-downloading a NEW Wibu driver and reinstalling that and see if that works.

On Lele's comment about the dongle, I love the dongles as well. I love the portability of it and cringe at the thought of an online only solution as there's a lot of times where I don't have internet access like on my laptop at a client's office and would loose my mind if I couldn't work because of not being able to get online.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Dini009 View Post
        This issues has not been gone. I was just tired of writing all the time when it happens because all the others says it's perfectly working fine for them and I am the bad guy of course. Immensely frustrated about this.

It's a daily issue now, happens all the time, it's frustrating, it's time consuming, it's useless, this dongle is the worst possible idea anybody has ever had.

I simply hate this dongle nonsense, I tried to fix all the stuff I've read about the internet I have the latest driver etc.. There is no solution for this, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Seriously can't we get rid of this?
        Sorry for the troubles caused by this issue. Would it be possible to contact us via our support mail because we would like to remotely connect to your machine and see if we can solve it? Thank you.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks!

I believe it's a terrible solution, even if it would work fine, which is not, you still have to carry it around and afraid to loose it, its just another piece of your already busy life that you need to remember. I wouldn't really care about that, as long as it's working. Again, it's not. It's completely random if it works or not, sometimes when I get angry and disconnect it because it's not working again it gives me the blue screen.. Client wants to render out something quick and I just want to hit render.. OHH no because I forgot to click vray license server and ohh even if I do it doesn't work for some reason again, okay let's find out super quick the reason again, let's reconnect it again and again, pray that it's gonna work and very soon.. there is no time to ask for help just curse loudly..

I have a really busy schedule, I paid for it, I simply don't have time to set up meetings and have remote accessing my computer, trouble shoot all the time etc.. I just want vray to work, that's all. Thats why I haven't written about this for so long but I got angry again today. Took a restart to make this cra*p work.

I can't believe this seriously, there are a thousand solution which would work better but no.. why don't you attach a brick to my wrist every time I want to use vray.. if this would help stopping people pirate the software I would say okay nice solution, but no, it does not do that as well. Who wants to pirate vray can simply do it anyways.. I don't understand the reason for this seriously.
          SSD

Comment

FYI, we have been working on a way to run V-Ray without a dongle for a while... if you are willing to experiment, we can probably set you up with that.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Jesus! Sign me on!
              SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Dini009 View Post
                Jesus! Sign me on!
                Can you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com with your login name for our website (www.chaosgroup.com) so that I can get you more information on what to do?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X