Displacement, random render times on Dual Xeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Svetlozar,
    did they accept is as bug to be corrected in the future?
    Dual Xeon 2690 v3, Asus Z10PE-D8 WS, 64GB, SSD Win10, TitanX(Maxwell)

Comment

Hello,
      Svetlozar, Vlado, anyone from Vray support, please?

Comment

Anyone, please

Comment

Do I ask something impossible?

Guys please

Comment

Originally posted by Zakkorn View Post
            Do I ask something impossible?

Guys please
            If Chaosgroup answered every bug as fast as they usually do, they would have to be inhuman (which I sometimes think they are). Since this bug, if it is one, appears to be affected by hardware I don't think the solution will be as easily solved as implementing a new feature. Patience my friend, Rome hasn't been built in a day either. This doesn't affect you alone probably, as a lot of people here work on Dual Xeons, including me.
            Last edited by Vizioen; 12-03-2015, 11:40 AM.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

The only answer I am expecting from them, is if they accept it as a bug. Not if or when they will solve it in the future. That's why for the last three days I am writing these posts.

So Chaos Group, Did you accept it as a bug?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

The only answer I am expecting from them, is if they accept it as a bug. Not if or when they will solve it in the future. That's why for the last three days I am writing these posts.

So Chaos Group, Did you accept it as a bug?

Thank you in advance.
                Why so aggressive about it? I think it's clear from Chaos' last post that they are currently investigating the issue and it's either a bug or it's something else to do with how this particular hardware config works. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it at some point but these things will take time, obviously.

What does it matter if it's a bug or an issue with the hardware, anyway? The result will be the same regardless. We know it's not an issue with your actual machine, as many of us experience the same issue with xeon boxes and Chaos have confirmed they have the same issue themselves.
                Alex York
                Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

What did I do to clarify me as aggressive?

Have I said/write something offensive to anyone?

At the moment you "sound" lets say more aggressive to me, as you are trying to defend something that never happened.

I asked something and I have yet to get a clear answer.

Thats all, actually.

And I will ask you something else.
                  If you or others, as yoi said, had the same problem as me, why I have yet to find a thread about it?
                  How would I know that the problem existed already?

You could write that, to this very thread, when I asked for help from anybody.

But you prefer to write to me that I am aggressive.

Thats not helped me though.

Anyway I am really sorry, for how I "sound" (can we say that for texting?) to you but I am not like that.

Comment

I asked something and I have yet to get a clear answer.
                    They dont have an answer yet, they're looking into it. be patient.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	e31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	855575

Besides this, I don't think this problem has been reported yet, because I don't think anybody made the comparission before, so congratulations you're the discoverer of this bug.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Bizarre post.

Like Vizioen said, you (Zakkorn) seem to be the first person to report the issue here. As a result of your post a few of us confirmed we also found the same issue. Chaos confirmed as well and are looking into it. What "help" do you want exactly? I'm sure the usual process is being done to find out what the issue is.

Relax and let them do their work! I'm sure they will post back here with news when they have some...
                        Alex York
                        Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Guys guys, lets keep a couple things in mind, one that there is what looks like could be a breakdown in in communication and we all have to keep in mind that some peoples english is better than others and for those that don't have a full grasp on english sometimes can be misunderstood in their message they are trying to convey.

The other is although Vlado and the gang at Chaos are usually very fast at replying to problems and questions we have to remember they are also human and with that some problems and or questions can take longer than others to answer. Ive been using vray since the very first alpha close to 12 or 13 years ago now (my memory sucks lol) but from the very first time I started talking to Vlado and till this day they always surprise me on the world class service they provide to their customers no matter if its just one person or a large studio, they strive to help anybody very quickly. And no Im not affiliated with Chaos Group in any way, Im just a very happy long time customer and will be for years to come.

This is literally the BEST forum Ive ever been a part of, between the super fantastic support of Chaos Group and the members. Many of which I am proud to call friends, some Ive had the privilege of meeting in person and some just online. The best thing I like about this forum is most of the members, myself included are always willing to help others when and where we can and that is what makes this place great.
                          Cheers,
                          -dave
                          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Guys sorry, but do you have any idea what is my question?

Because I have a feeling that some of you they didn't even understand the simple think I am asking...

I feel that in your eyes I am like holding a pistol on chaos group and yelling on them "When you will solve my issue?"

When the only thing I asked was:

Did the issue that I discovered confirmed as a bug? (and no yelling and no pistol of course)

Thats it

Nothing else.

And unfortunately none of you is in position to give me a clear answer on this.

Comment

Working...
                            X