Dongle (Re)Programming Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle (Re)Programming Error

Hi guys, I'm having problem programming the dongle with the provided RTU files.

I recently got new hardware, installed 3DS Max 2015, and VRay 31003. Everything installed without problem.

Installed WIBU drivers, and the Dongle seems to be working all fine. (Image attached)

Created the WBC files, sent them to VRay

Received the RTU files from Vray.

Stopped the VRL Service. Tried to update the dongle, get error message (image attached)

Is there another way to manually update the Dongle?

Can someone please help soon? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi,

First make sure that you have the latest V-Ray license server 3.0 running on your machine? You can check this at the bottom of the license server status page :
    http://localhost:30304/getstatus - I assume that the dongle is on the same machine. If it is on the network then you should replace "localhost" with the IP of the machine where the dongle is and the license server is running.

Should be something like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-17 16_48_13}.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	855608

If it's not the case, please send us an email to support@chaosgroup.com including your dongle serial number, link to this forum thread and my colleagues will assist you further.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tashko.
      I went through that process already, and created the WBC files that I sent to VRay in order to get the RTU files. My system seems to not recognize the RTU files.

Then I found online that I can open the WIBU control panel, go 'advanced' and manually browse the RTU file to make it work. An voila, it worked.

I have been corresponding with support for a couple of days now, and nobody suggested this. Found this solution online, I guess I wasn't alone with this kind of errors ;~P

Comment

Thank you very much for the update. Glad to hear you have sorted it out.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X