vray lens flares problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray lens flares problem

hi, I'm having trouble with the lens effects.
    If you look on the attached images, you will see that the flare on the kitchen light is cut out. What would be the reason? in small tests, the flare was fine.

thank you
    Attached Files
    Surrealismo
    https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Hi,

Would it be possible to attach part of the scene that reproduces the lens effect issue? Or you can send us the file complete scene to support@chaosgroup.com
    Do you use DR ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you are using DR, then I suspect its the same issue I flagged up a while ago with DR and lens effects.

I found a workaround for the time being, until it is fixed.
      If you activate the Lens Effects in the old "effects" section (in the env & effects dialog)
      Set the weight to 0 for both, but turn on the intensity mask to match whatever you have in the VFB lens effects settings. This will then ensure the mask works properly with DR.

No idea why, but it works

Comment

Yes, I'm using distributed rendering. uploading right now.
        Surrealismo

Comment

thank you alex,
          I'm goint to try that.

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
          If you are using DR, then I suspect its the same issue I flagged up a while ago with DR and lens effects.

If you activate the Lens Effects in the old "effects" section (in the env & effects dialog)
          Set the weight to 0 for both, but turn on the intensity mask to match whatever you have in the VFB lens effects settings. This will then ensure the mask works properly with DR.

Surrealismo

Comment

Hi Alex,

I can't find this report in our system, can you point me to the thread or give me the ticket number (if it was reported via our support mail)?

Comment

This one

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...e-mask-problem

Comment

Thanks Alex, now I found it and looks very similar to the problem reported here. Unfortunately we don't have this fixed yet.

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                thank you alex,
                I'm goint to try that.
                Please let us know if the workaround provided by Alex works for you. We can also check the file in order to be sure that we don't miss something here.

Comment

file sent, I hope that would help you on finding the solution.
                  Surrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                    file sent, I hope that would help you on finding the solution.
                    Thank you very much.
                    It is the same issue, so we will updated the thread as soon as the fix came out.

Comment

I'm running into this issue, not with DR but with backburner. - Will try that work around now.

You can actually go the the nodes and open up the lens effects dialogue and see that they are still turned on, but they do not get saved into the image.
                      Last edited by werticus; 01-04-2015, 12:36 AM.
                      WerT
                      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I activated the lens effects in the '8' hot key menu effects menu.
                        But then got stuck ... what or where is the 'weight' that you set to 0? and where is the intensity mask?

I can see the intensity mask option in the vray fb lens effects but not under the 3dsmax one.
                        Do you mean you set the weight in the vray buffer to zero?

This makes me think your work around is just turning on 3dsmax's lens effects instead of vrays.

Do you have to apply a glow or a ring or some other option to the 3dsmax's options?
                        WerT
                        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
                          I activated the lens effects in the '8' hot key menu effects menu.
                          But then got stuck ... what or where is the 'weight' that you set to 0? and where is the intensity mask?

I can see the intensity mask option in the vray fb lens effects but not under the 3dsmax one.
                          Do you mean you set the weight in the vray buffer to zero?

This makes me think your work around is just turning on 3dsmax's lens effects instead of vrays.

Do you have to apply a glow or a ring or some other option to the 3dsmax's options?
                          See attachedClick image for larger version

Name:	lensfx.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	855728

Comment

Oh, VRAY lens effects I didn't get that far down the list. Cheers!
                            WerT
                            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Interesting it seems that bloom is working over backburner without the work around but not glare.

and it seems that the intensity variable does not work, on this local render i am testing.

"Intensity - when this option is enabled, the glare effect will be applied only around pixels that have a value larger than the number specified in the field to the right."

If I turn intensity on the glare is gone, no matter what number i insert in there... 5000, 500, 50, 1, 5 , 3, .5, .1, .01, 0.00

but unchecking the box and glare is all over the place. perhaps this information will help track down the bug. Does anyone know what the intesity value is supposed to correspond to? I assume it would be the float value of the pixels, I do have some pixels over 1.0,1.0,1.0 brightness.
                              WerT
                              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X