Clear All

• Different buckets rendering differently with Alembic vrayproxies

Hello, we're getting this problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SQ001_SH004_UNDERWATER Frame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	882545

This is not a distributed render. All buckets are on the same CPU (although different cores). Notice it is only happening on the fish which are an Alembic vrayproxy object and not on any of the other objects in the scene. We don't think this is a map thing because it has also happened in another scene which has a shader not using any texture maps (water) but again it was an Alembic vrayproxy object.

Any ideas?

Could you send stripped version of the scene to: support @chaosgroup so we could investigate further.
    Also which exact V-Ray version did you use?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We've done some more tests on this and narrowed it down to the Vray Stereo Rig. It only happens with the stereo rig and not when using a regular Max camera.

UPDATE:
      We've got it down to this now:
      Dynamic splitting seems to be the culprit when rendering Alembic Vray proxies through the Stereo Rig. Turn Dynamic splitting off and the problem goes away.
      Last edited by lloydwood; 29-07-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I couldn't reproduce the issue.
        Also I can't locate your e-mail, what was its subject?
        Last edited by Zdravko; 30-07-2015, 07:16 AM.
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Sorry Zdravko, I haven't sent a file yet. We're in the process of installing the latest version of Vray (3.20.03) to see if that solves it. If not I'll attach a simple file with the issue.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Ok. We've tried that and we've still got the problem. I'm sending a file with the subject - "Alembic Vrayproxy rending problem" to support@chaosgroup.com.

Comment

Working...
            X