Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2016 Proxy Selection

Hey guys
    Now that SP1 is out I've started to use Max 2016 in production. Today I called up a 2015 scene in 2016 that contained Vray proxy objects. Initially all of the proxies would only display as dummy cubes, much like what happens when the vrmesh file can't be found. There are no pathing issues however. If you select the dummy cubes and change the display of the proxy to another style (say preview from faces) the proxy would then display as it should. (These are "Refined Clustering" proxies).

Some proxy dummies however simply can't be selected in the viewport either by picking or window selection. The only way I could fix them was by name selecting and changing the display style as before. After that, they display as they should and are selectable. Has anyone else experienced this, and know of a fix? Is it a Bug in Max?

Cheers

Edit:
    I've just found that the unselectable proxy dummies had pivot points a fair way from the object. The display issue remains however
    Last edited by Bruce Hart; 16-08-2015, 10:50 PM.

Can you send a scene for this to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what's wrong?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado - will do

Comment

Hi again,
        unfortunately the file I was working on is too large to send. An isolated part of the model is shown below. As mentioned - if you click on the display mode of the proxy, the proxy mesh will display again. Even if the proxies show as a dummy cube, they still render fine, so there are no issues with pathing. Some of the proxie cubes only show up as a minute dot, and are very hard to see and select. Strangely - if you do a save select of the problem proxy geometry and open in a new scene, everything will show up fine - which is why I have not sent anything. It's as if the proxies revert to a dummy display when the scene becomes too heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proxy_Issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	858231

Comment

Have you sent us a file for investigation eventually?
          Access to out FTP could be provided if needed, just let us know.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
          X