Random Pulse/Zoom/FOV Render Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Pulse/Zoom/FOV Render Error

I keep getting a strange render problem. Footage once it comes back from renderfarm looks like it has random frames that seem to do tiny zooms, almost like the FOV is being calculated slightly differently. This is happening across 4 different scenes I'm currently working on.

It's not a problem that seems to be localised to any particular render node or frame in the animation. Happens completely at random in the last two thirds of the scenes, about 50 frames out of 300 will enlarge slightly. Currently having to comb through each sequence, identify frames, re-submit them to render, then check those ones all came out ok, normally another 5-10 out of the 50 re-submitted will need to be re-submitted again.

Computer that I'm working on and renderfarm are all updated to Max 2016 and Vray 3.20.03.
    Camera and target are smooth, no hidden key frames.
    Irradiance Map and Light Cache have both been precalulated.
    Dumped all render settings and re-created them.

Has anyone got any ideas on what is causing this?

Bex

Is it possible that the different slaves are loading the rendered scene at different units? I've noticed that if you change scene units, cameras in the scene zoom in or out a bit.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Why would slaves be rendering a saved Max scene at different units? I've always changed my units to display 'cm' and use 'mm', never had this happen before. Should I try setting them all back to Max default units?

Comment

No idea to be honest. Just sharing a similar experience I've had with cameras changing FOV depending on scene units. However, in my case I wasn't rendering with DR so I'm not sure if this would happen with DR turned on. Maybe you could try and see what happens.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Can send us the scene to check if we can reproduce the issue here?
          Tsvetan Geshev
          Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

We got the scene but we have a few questions/requests:

1.Would it be possible to send the render output to get some idea how exactly the issue looks like?
            2.Since the scene is quite complex with lot of frames which requires some time to be calculated would it be possible to give us some directions which frames/regions/cameras we should render in order to reproduce the issue in the quickest possible way?
            3.There are some missing plugins used in the scene, are they important to reproduce the issue?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-14-32-14.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	858333

Thank you very much in advance.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Svetlocar,

I have responded to you via email.
              1. I have sent a render output sequence
              2. The issue becomes pronounced around frame 281
              3. maxtoae won't affect the scene and is not important for the issue.

Thank you,

Bex

Comment

Working...
              X