Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render to texture with distributed rendering problem

Hello

I have a little problem. I'm trying to bake a building with three machines, one host and two slaves. With basic production rendering the image looks just fine but when I try to render to texture, the buckets gives a different color. This happens only with one of the slaves. Host and another slave is doing just fine. Textures are transferred correctly and V-Ray messages gives no error. It looks like there is something wrong with gamma but all the 3ds maxs has the same gamma. I think nowadays 2.2 gamma is default. All the computers are also identical and all them has max 2016 and the latest v-ray.

Any suggestions what could be wrong? By the way, the one with the error has only render node license and two of these has full license.

Thanks
    Mikko

Is 3DSMax Bitmap node used for texture loading?
    If yes please convert all the Bitmap nodes to VRayHDRI via this script and run another test rendering.

Keep us posted.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Just before I read your post, I got it working. I started Network rendering via back burner just for that one machine and the result was correct. Then I tried to render with distributed rendering just as before and now it works like a charm. I don't know what was wrong there...

Mikko

Comment

By the way, dirt map doesn't work when baking and using Embree.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkoK View Post
          By the way, dirt map doesn't work when baking and using Embree.
          That's odd. Do you have a scene?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I had some nightmares with embree and RTT, so I've been told by the support to never use it as vray has bugs with RTT and embree.
            I have reported the issue but it isn't fixed yet, so best to keep it disabled when RTT.

Stan
            3LP Team

Comment

Working...
            X