Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT to VR

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if there was a way to get VR straight away from within RT.
    I have to place loads of cams in few different 360 projects.
    So I'd like to be able to load RT, and either have RT display it in straight in a sphere where I can view around, or even better, push it straight to oculus (in stereo or not)

The main purpose is to avoid saving the render every 10 seconds and load it in a external software to view the pano and make sure it works

you know, those : "10 cm more to the left, push down now, no sorry go back up" etc
    The 360x180 spherical or cubemap doesn't make much sense in RT ATM.

Thanks
    Stan
    3LP Team

Well, we did a connection to the Oculus as a test in the summer, but it tended to look somewhat weird as the noise cleaned up. We can get back to that if there is interest.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Whaaat,
      Yes for sure, I'd love that!

If you do have a spare version containing that connection laying around, I'd be glad to give it a shot

although for production needs, it might be easier to have the VFB showing the unwrapped 360 as you would in any pano and let you turn around. At least you would have real time feedback of all the VFB adjustements and you would still see your mouse/keyboard/screen to work.
      In the end, it would also be used to RT on regions where you pan around, crop render, adjusts, pan crop render, adjust, etc

Thanks
      Stan
      Last edited by 3LP; 25-11-2015, 05:09 AM.
      3LP Team

Comment

Just searching for this, would love for a way to send the RT stereo render straight to an attached Oculus.
        Any plans to add this functionality?

Comment

Uh. yes please.
          Was this resolving a camera that moved with head tracking? or looking at a stereo pano as it resolved? Having that kind of instant feedback with a headset would be really really awesome. Now I need 4 GPUs.....
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Would be amazing if the RT active shade reacted to head tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
              Would be amazing if the RT active shade reacted to head tracking.
              it would probably be a fuzzy mess, not getting a single moment to resolve itself

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                it would probably be a fuzzy mess, not getting a single moment to resolve itself
                Given enough GPU power......

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                  Given enough GPU power......
                  I like how you think

Comment

Me too. Would be nice.
                    Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                    Whaaat,
                    Yes for sure, I'd love that!

If you do have a spare version containing that connection laying around, I'd be glad to give it a shot

although for production needs, it might be easier to have the VFB showing the unwrapped 360 as you would in any pano and let you turn around. At least you would have real time feedback of all the VFB adjustements and you would still see your mouse/keyboard/screen to work.
                    In the end, it would also be used to RT on regions where you pan around, crop render, adjusts, pan crop render, adjust, etc

Thanks
                    Stan

Comment

Another idea would be to have VR headset support for the VFB - it would become like any other VR image viewer in that it would let you see a stereo panorama, but you get to watch it as it renders. Either using VrayRT or Vray's progressive mode. This would at least remove some steps of having to save out the image, load it into a player, view, then go back and make changes. I'd love this. Sitting there looking around as the view resolves itself.

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                        Another idea would be to have VR headset support for the VFB - it would become like any other VR image viewer in that it would let you see a stereo panorama, but you get to watch it as it renders. Either using VrayRT or Vray's progressive mode. This would at least remove some steps of having to save out the image, load it into a player, view, then go back and make changes. I'd love this. Sitting there looking around as the view resolves itself.
                        We actually did a prototype of this last summer with V-Ray RT... will get back to it once the various headsets start going official and the APIs are a bit more stable.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'd like to have this build in the VFB as well actually without the link to headsets, just the plain VFB as usual.
                          Stereo is one thing, but the most important thing for me is to get it right on one eye first, the second eye is great for final purpose, but usually not needed for WIP.

Therefore, having the VFB wrapping the cubemaps (or spherical) to something like KRPano, would be ideal. The idea is being able to navigate through the pano with a FOV and not the whole pano. Crop, render, scroll around, repeat.

Make sense?
                          Stan
                          3LP Team

Comment

This sounds interesting. When?
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket
                            ----------------------------------->
                            http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Please...would be awesome
                              Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              We actually did a prototype of this last summer with V-Ray RT... will get back to it once the various headsets start going official and the APIs are a bit more stable.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X