Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Multisub Texture

Hi,

It might not be a Vray related Question, but I can't figure out where the problem is.

I try to make a Texture that include An Opaque to Transparency and Pattern to no-Pattern. So I use A VrayMultiSub to help me assign different gradient to Face And be able to control what I Want.

The result is Good, Except I got A very thin line of transition, visible in the most transparent part.

In fact it is not that a problem because it mimics and joint between to Glass. BUT I want to be able NOT to have this line.

Attached files, Rendering, showing the two thin lines, Map explanation, and Zipped Max File.

Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_151210_123635.png
Views:	1
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	883161Click image for larger version

Name:	Degrade_line.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	883162Transparence.zip

The issue seems to be due to the usage of material IDs and gradient ramp. Anyway is there a reason for this complex shader setup. You can easily achieve the same shader with a few nodes like in the example scene here: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/Transparence_Test.max
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will look at what you offer.
      The reason is that we have like 10 differents Transitions (opaque to transparent) to manage in the scene, All based on a single material. So with 10 differents setup we will have to each time change every single material one by one.
      With This setup, We only have to Add/assign a different ID, and Voila, new Gradient, new transition BUT same Material.

The other Thing Is We baked the MAterial UWV on POLY, so We are able to control the size of the transition only by moving Vertex.

thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
      X