Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert SSS material to vray blend material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert SSS material to vray blend material?

Hello,
    Rebusfarm doesn't accept the subsurfacescatter material in DR mode.
    I can't find a script to revert the SSS vray materials in the scene to a Vrayblend material on the fly.
    Any idea are welcome,
    Thanks

Why wouldn't they accept the sss material when in raytraced mode? I can understand why they wouldn't do it for the "prepass" mode (they have their own weird DR system and there might be edges between the different regions), but raytraced scattering is absolutely fine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No idea, bit the plug refuse to send the job for a still image, with IR/LC cache already done with SSS.
      So I have to convert all SSS back, run again the LC/IR and submit the job.

Frankly, this farm service suck.
      Ranchcomputing don't accept DR as according to them, it works fine only with small farm, but not with 500 node, plus they don't support 32 bit.
      Rebus, doesn't accept SSS material in DR mode, plus you can't download the IR/LC pass.

So I'm seriously thinking about grabbing more old server and more licenses.
      On the other hand, managing the vray upgrade, installation, plug in... is really a pain already for a small farm, so for a 20 + node, that's going to be really a week boring job.
      http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...856#post674856

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
        Ranchcomputing don't accept DR as according to them, it works fine only with small farm, but not with 500 node, plus they don't support 32 bit.
        I don't know, I've seen 2925 buckets render happily together

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          I don't know, I've seen 2925 buckets render happily together

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Whoa... that would be amazing.

Comment

I already destroyed the network of Ranchcomputing with 1 render... They called me in urgency to tell me that they just removed my render because my scene had to many assets. And the network transfer on the farm was to heavy.
            I remember that my render completely destroyed all (her website...).
            It was funny.

Now we are building a custom renderfarm with google cloud.
            www.deex.info

Comment

Hello,
              Rebusfarm doesn't accept the subsurfacescatter material in DR mode.
              I can't find a script to revert the SSS vray materials in the scene to a Vrayblend material on the fly.
              Any idea are welcome,
              Thanks
              If you need rendering help lmk I might be able to help out with a farm of my own
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
              X