Problem with Vrimg file, I get black image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Vrimg file, I get black image

Even if in Vray frame buffer I get normal image, the saved vrimg file result a noised black image, even some channel have problem, like the reflection and the refraction one wire color is ok and even zdepth one.
    I need so, to wait the end of each rendering using the vray frame buffer switched on, instead of reduce memory usage and keeping the vray image channels from the saved vrimg file.
    The software used is 3dsmax design 2014 + V-Ray 3.20.03 on win 7 64 bit.

I have two warnings: Texture map ".. " returned an invalid bump normal.
    If is needed to send file in use, I need a little time my internet connections is slow and the file is over 400 Mb

Anyone got the same?
    Thanks in advance

Sorry for my english
    Last edited by pengo; 18-12-2015, 05:17 AM.
    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

What do you use to open the .vrimg file?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado
      first of all, thanks for the reply.
      I' m opening the vrimg files in vray VFB in 3dsmax as always do and did.
      But only now while I'm re-renderig all he sequence of files, and saving one of them by V-Ray VFB, I saw that in little preview window, selecting one of the previous rendered vrimg files,to re-write, they appear not broken.. So I opened the same gaves me problem loading by Vray VFB, with black problem this time in PDPLAYER and everything goes fine!!!
      So to be clear because my english could be not so good, opening the vrimg file by V-Ray VFB gives black silhouette with black pixelated background, opening the same files in PDPLAYER, i get no poblems. The images are good!
      But what happen?
      I never got this problem
      Last edited by pengo; 18-12-2015, 07:47 AM.
      Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

Comment

I'm not sure what's the problem; if you can get us such a .vrimg file, it will be helpful to see what's going on.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm uploading to wetransfer, one vrimg of some I rendered and directed to support@chaosgroup.com address.
          I resume the problem and how I proceeded to work. The max file is big because displacement and some HD models present in it. So after render tests, once lighting and materials seemed correct, to use less RAM, I sent the list of frames to calculate, switching off the vray VFB, by memory frame buffer option deselecting it, but saving to vrimg, each frame at its rendering end. Once they rendered I opened each vrimg in vray VFB to save all channels in hdr format to work after on them with Photoshop.
          But iI got black rgb channel instead of the image I was getting testing light and materials.
          If for some strange case U'll open it with no problem, watch in the archive there is a jpg, I saved it, to show how it appears in vray VFB once opened in it.

Thanks for your time
          Last edited by pengo; 18-12-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

We managed to reproduce the issue with the .vrimg file you sent us. It looks there is something wrong with version 3.x since it works fine with version 2.x.
            I would like to ask also for the original 3DSMax file which is used to save that image along the exact setup in order to replicate that issue from beginning.
            If the scene is too complex please remove all the details and leave only a few large planes and the light setup.

Another interesting option would be to update to V-Ray 3.30.03, re-render and see if the same issue is still there.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll try with the beta version to open it.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Pengo it's not beta anymore, it's released!
                Buon Natale!
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

The issue has been fixed for the next official service pack.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                  X