Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical Cam particle rendering issue

Good morning!

Has anyone found that rendering particles in 360 camera produces jittery results? I am just spawning dust like particles in the air with a very basic setup for testing. They have no movement/rotation on them and are spawned at frame 0 but they ping on and off randomly each frame. I've tried clipping the camera but that does not work very well with spherical camera (only clips the original view of the camera before rendering spherical).

I assume it maybe to do with the warping of the camera and the size of the particles are maybe just too small and rendering as one or less pixels?

Renders fine with a default camera.

Thanks
    Last edited by flipbook; 26-01-2016, 02:59 AM.
    Adam Trowers

Hello!

I suspect it's because of the particle size. Could you test the result when you enable the lock noise pattern option in the Global DMC? It seems to fix it as I try it on my machine.

Best regards,
    Margarita
    Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
    Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Thanks Margarita

This did not solve the issue. I think my particles are just too small for spherical rendering. It was for the GearVR so I just rendered at 2048x1024. Anyway I didn't have long to find a fix so I just used vray clipper linked to a sphere that follows the camera. Missing the particles in the distance but looked nice in the end, especially in 3D.

Thanks for your help!
      Adam Trowers

Comment

I'm glad you found a solution for your case. Thank you for sharing.
        Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
        Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Working...
        X