Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render Elements increase render times (a lot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample rate looks just fine. Mostly blue (I'm controlling the Subdivs to make sure I'm not frying the sampler).
    V-Ray Evangelist, Trainer and Freelancer
    www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Try to disable all ExtraTex elements and see if they have the biggest impact on the render time.
      If you could provide the scene for investigation we may find out why the rendering becomes so slower.

Another thing that is interesting to check is the memory usage, if the RAM is occupied up to 100% and windows start swapping information on the HDD they it is perfectly normal to have such slowdowns.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks, Svetlozar!
        The problem really lies on the AO (VRayDirt) bein on the render elements. As soon as I remove it, the render flies.
        Funny thing is the rendering is not taking too much memory (it happens even with all materials overriden) and the VRayDirt map is pretty much default.
        The scene is here for download if you're willing to take a look.
        https://app.box.com/s/3nat99ildbub6u7dohw8xb10yuwhyvg9
        www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

I'm unable to download the scene. Would ti be possible to send us the scene to support@chaosgroup.com
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Didn't the subdivs for the VRayDirt get changed so you now don't need to have them so high? We have old renders with 64 subdivs that only need 8 now to get the same quality.
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
              I'm unable to download the scene. Would ti be possible to send us the scene to support@chaosgroup.com
              It's a bit heavy for e-mail, I'm afraid...
              www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                Didn't the subdivs for the VRayDirt get changed so you now don't need to have them so high? We have old renders with 64 subdivs that only need 8 now to get the same quality.
                I usually set them to 32 at the most, so I don't think that's what's causing the problem... But I'll try decreasing it nonetheless.
                www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Bingo!
                  Just left the default subdivs untouched (3) and it still looks nice and renders in a very acceptable time.
                  One would have thought this would be "disabled" like other subdivs on 3.3, but that's not the case (even though it works just like all the rest).
                  Thanks, Dave!
                  www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Working...
                  X